03 August 2018

Work from this summer

I taught a class this summer, and for the first time ever, it was a figure drawing class. I have taken many as a student in the past, and had various teachers. There were some classes where I thought that perhaps I could do a better job. Well, I finally got my chance. It was an interesting experience, different from my point of view as a teacher as opposed to a student. Enrollment was small, but I think we had a good time and I tried to get a lot across in this short but intensive class. We worked with a variety of good models and I was able to get some nice sketches and drawings in, which is one of the best parts of having a class like this. Even as a digital artist, you need to keep up the traditional drawing skills. Here is one of my favorites from one of our longer drawing sessions.

2 comments: