21 November 2012

Progress on the illustration

It has been a while, but I'm still on this job. I actually took some time off during Thanksgiving week (not to rest, but to work on another project). Some differences are evident. The refinery is shifted over to the edge more and the offshore platform is smaller and more in the distance. A ship laying pipe is now more prominent, and there is an attempt to show a network of pipes underwater, but I'm not sure how successful it is. The final client made some unexpected late changes that made much of the work I had already done unnecessary. This kind of thing doesn't usually happen, but if it does, it should bring with it an increase in the final fee and an extension of the deadline. As it was, I spent about an extra day changing things to meet the new request, but that doesn't count the time spent on parts of the image that are now cropped out. Remember that darn refinery?

1 comment:

  1. Great job here.  I really enjoyed what you had to say.  Keep going because you definitely bring a new voice to this subject.  Not many people would say what you've said and still make it interesting.  Well, at least I'm interested.  Cant wait to see more of this from you.
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete