18 November 2014

Corporate Christmas animation

I just finished a little project recently. If you have perused my work before, you may recognize this illustration. It was done years ago as the cover of a corporate Christmas card. Or should that be 'Holiday' card? Anyway, I was quite pleased with how it turned out and the client like it as well. A few days ago, I was asked if I could turn it into an animation. First it was supposed to be an animated GIF, but they finally decided on HD video. That's great. No need to rely on technology that's 25 years old anyway. I'm talking to you, everyone who loves animated GIFs these days. I don't know why those are coming back in vogue. Oh yes, I do. It's because Apple mobile devices like iPads and iPhones are doing a good job of killing true Internet video. 

The animation was done in Photoshop using my original layered PSD. Photoshop's animation tools and timeline are very much like After Effects, so it was easy to do. I then exported it as video directly from Photoshop. Another artist created the final video with the music and text at the end. I think it looks pretty good. What do you guys think?



No comments:

Post a Comment