01 February 2023

Tenure!

 It has finally happened. After my first year as a lecturer, I went on tenure track at UNG. At three years, I went through a pre-tenure review and was supposed to do my tenure review after five years, or so I though. Actually, it was during my fifth year, right at the beginning. That was early September of last year and I've been waiting for an answer ever since. Recently, I was notified by the board that decides these things that they have recommended me for tenure and promotion to associate professor to the university president. I just got the letter back from the president, who has to sign off on these things, officially congratulating me. The tenure and promotion start in the fall, the start of the next academic year. So all that work and stress paid off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment