14 January 2011

Tony Stark's arc reactor tutorial

I watched Iron Man again recently and remembered what a fun movie it was. I had always thought that the soft glow of Tony Stark's arc reactor through his shirt was cool looking and would make a great t-shirt. Apparently, others had the same idea and after searching a bit on the web, I found some online stores selling the shirt I was looking for, even a design that glowed in the dark! It's a great idea, but I found the art a bit lacking and decided to make my own version of the Stark arc reactor. After scouring the web for source images, I opened up Photoshop and about four to five hours later, had my own arc reactor illustration. What do you think? For this month's tutorial, I'll show you how I did it.

3 comments:

  1. I think its great! You should make a replica that you can clip to your chest. I've always been interested in iron man. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job sir!!! will you show us a tutorial in Photoshop for this?

    ReplyDelete