02 October 2012

New bridge illustration

Much of my time lately has been taken up with teaching for the College of Marin in Novato and Napa Valley College in Napa, but I do have some time for freelance work. For the past few weeks, I've been trying to finish up a new digital painting of the Ambassador Bridge that connects Detroit, Michigan with Windsor in Canada. This was a challenging illustration because of the size of the image, all of the detail it needed, and the lack of good source material for the entire scene. Unlike many bridge 'portraits' I have done in the past, this one is really in the background and the surrounding landscape and buildings have more emphasis. It's not as detailed as I would have liked, so out of necessity it ended up being a bit looser than many of my other images.

Click here for a larger, full-length image.

No comments:

Post a Comment