15 December 2010

Holiday illustration tutorial for December

I've been really busy with crazy client deadlines and getting ready to grade class finals, but I figured I should get this month's tutorial going. Since it's December, I thought about using one of my corporate holiday (I can't really say Christmas, can I?) cards. 

I have a few from which to choose and I just finished another one a couple of days ago, but I do like this one. It turned out nice and is a good example of a holiday painting and has some very useful techniques. Originally, I created it in 2007 for a large construction and infrastructure company. The subject matter was picked for me, but I was able to put a lot of my own creativity into it. In the next post, we'll start breaking it down and see what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment