04 April 2010

Illustration for April

This month, I am showing an image that is a bit different from the previous ones. It still has realistic painting and textures, but the perspective is exaggerated. I worked on this image with another designer who built the geometry in Cinema 4D. To achieve this unusual look, the scene camera's Aperture Width was set to 50 and the Field of View to 69ยบ. The camera was then moved in close so that the models filled the image area and the perspective around the edges was distorted. I did some final editing and positioning of the 3D geometry. 

The final render was brought into Photoshop for painting and texturing. Some photos were used to streamline the process. I was able to develop a texturing technique with Smart Objects that was not possible in previous versions of Photoshop. This was very exciting because it allows a greater degree of editability and flexibility with transformed objects that I had been hoping for since I first began using the Transform tool to Skew and Distort. I'll share this technique in this image's first tutorial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment